We don’t operate on a level playing field.
Some things are up to you, while other things are outside your control.
On today’s TUB-Thump, I look at adopting the mindset to be the student you deserve to be.
University is about so many things. I like to think of it as a springboard to taking action.
That doesn’t make life at university easy. So how do you act in the most effective way?
If you want to do more than jump through a few hoops, listen to today’s TUB-Thump, get exploring, and reclaim the word “learning”. It’s a gateway to keep being awesome…
Here are the show notes for the 9-min episode:
- 01:00 – To be the student you deserve to be, it’s about thinking how you can use everything as a springboard to further action.
- 02:20 – The easier it is, and the more opportunities there are, the more likely you could end up procrastinating. It’s a strange situation, so keep a careful eye on it.
- 02:50 – Not everything is laid out for you. And even if they are, that doesn’t mean you should blindly jump through the hoops without any real understanding or context as to why you’re doing it. I did some of this “hoop jumping” without question when I was younger. And since I didn’t know why I was doing it, I ended up making decisions that didn’t make sense. I had to pivot further down the line.
- 03:50 – Not everyone gets the opportunities to correct their course or find their context. That’s part of the reason why I want to help open things up through TheUniversityBlog, TUB-Thump and so on. If one person can be inspired or can find context, that’s a worthwhile achievement.
- 05:30 – It’s never too late to explore more. We’re always learning.
- 06:10 – Reclaim the word “learning”. And check out another one of my shows, Learning Always.
- 07:25 – Allow yourself flexibility, so long as you don’t blame others. Take on responsibility where it counts and where you do have control over it.
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!