Do you feel overwhelmed with the number of tasks on your list each week?
Do you struggle to work out what the most important issue is in each area of your life?
On today’s TUB-Thump, I talk about finding five weekly go-to points so you can easily identify your big wins.
Whether it’s the academic, the social, the personal, the career, or anything else, you can target what’s important to you, each and every week.
Ready to dive in?
Here are the show notes for the 7-min episode:
- 01:10 – One academic win. The most important focus-point for each week. Sure, there’s plenty of work to be done, but this will ground you. Sometimes that’s all you need to stop procrastinating on the thing that’s actually so crucial to your academic week.
- 01:50 – One social woo. If you can’t fit any other fun in your schedule, make sure you have at least one event to look forward to.
- 02:40 – One personal upgrade. Around the home, to do with a hobby, improving a personal skill…When you specify a single area to make progress in, you commit to pushing further than the minimum expected of you. Go on, do it for yourself!
- 03:20 – One career boost. No matter how big or small, with 52 weeks in the year, that’s 52 different steps in the right direction. Reach out to someone, write a blog post, do some job research…it all helps. And it doesn’t have to take up a lot of your time in the week.
- 04:20 – One wonderful wildcard. What is important for you? Add this one thing to the mix each week. Be creative, be methodic, be however you wish to be with this wildcard. As with the other schedule pointers, this helps to ground you in scheduling actions each week, and can also help you develop habits.
- 05:30 – This method also assists in avoiding overwhelm. Instead of a huge list of tasks, you have your five big wins for each week.
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!