Is there something in your life that stops you in your tracks? You wish you could do it, but you feel blocked.
It may be through embarrassment, overwhelm, worry…Whatever it is, it’s getting in the way of you being the best version of yourself.
Episode 010 of TUB-Thump looks at how to work on this. Find that drive, work out the why behind your why, and get more creative in the process.
Here are the show notes for the 12-min episode:
- 00:50 – James Clear on how creativity is a process, not an event.
More James Clear articles – http://jamesclear.com/articles
- 01:40 – Why the fear of making mistakes can stop you from taking action.
- 02:40 – Procrastination is about more than putting things off.
- 03:15 – Beautiful Voyager on when the problem isn’t what you think it is.
On unpacking the issues so you understand what’s truly bothering you.
- 04:40 – Finding the why behind your why. The importance of asking “Why…?” several times.
- 05:50 – “If you don’t take action, there is no creation.”
- 06:30 – These feelings aren’t surprising. Overwhelm can be tackled, but only when you step back for a moment to work out the key issues. If you don’t identify the overarching themes, it’ll feel like everything is overwhelming. The reality is usually different.
- 08:10 – You can recover from most things, as James Clear says. What can you challenge yourself to do?
- 09:45 – Once you’ve found the big issue, it’s easier to act in the other situations. By removing them from the overwhelm, they no longer feel like such a big deal.
- 10:40 – It’s better to tackle things head-on than it is to let them swamp you.
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!
And a P.S. – The joy of scheduling posts in advance for when you’re not around. The woe of realising that didn’t happen when it’s too late to do anything about it. Oh well! One day late is better than not at all. 🙂
Have a great weekend. See you on the flipside!