One of my most popular posts on TheUniversityBlog is about sleeping (and staying awake). Episode 003 of TUB-Thump revisits the piece and gives you the lowdown on how to get the best sleep you can.
Here are the show notes for the 16-min episode:
- Find out why some people probably hate me (01:25)
- Follow along with the original post: “7 Tips to Top Sleep, 3 Tips for Staying Awake”
- Ambient noise app (iOS) – White Noise+
- Ambient noise app (Android & iOS) – Rain Rain
- Keep a pen and pad by your bed. Write your thoughts down before bed so you can safely leave them until the morning, and make a note of any inspirational thoughts you have in the middle of the night. A pen and pad is the brain-dump by your bed.
- Some of my favourite guided relaxations and meditations – MassageASMR (especially Tibetan singing bowls), Marie Forleo’s 10-minute mantra meditation (with MP3 download), Headspace (paid service, but well worth checking out if you like guided meditations).
- Powernaps rule! I suggest 18-20 minutes for the most refreshing session.
- A future episode will take a look at student-specific issues with keeping a regular sleep schedule. What are your biggest sleep challenges?
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!