I worked with a two-rule approach to lecture notes at university. That’s what Episode 002 of TUB-Thump is all about.
Here are the show notes for the 6-min episode:
- My lecture notes were always different. Sometimes a couple of words, sometimes several sheets of paper. Although the length of the notes were always different, the method of taking them stayed the same.
- Rule One: Only write down the stuff you don’t actually know. Work out the context and bigger picture and limit it to that, alongside anything you don’t already have an understanding of.
- Rule Two: Engage with the notes within the next 24-hours. Don’t leave them, use them to deepen your understanding. Do it while it’s fresh in your mind.
- Yep, it was that simple. There are loads of ways you can take notes and they should all work under this two-rule method.
- This should help you write fewer notes, not more. That’s the magic!
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!