TUB-Thump is upon us! Yay! Make the most of your time at university…and beyond.
This is an introduction episode, so call it number 000 if you like. The full-on Episode 001 is dropping alongside it (hear it in the next post).
If you already know TheUniversityBlog, you’re probably used to the type of content that appears. But if you’re in any doubt, the introductory episode will fill in the gaps.
Here are the show notes for the 15-min episode:
- You have multiple purposes and multiple experiences at university. Taking it easy shouldn’t be the default option. Then again, neither should burning yourself out.
- Short-cuts and life hacks aren’t useful until you’ve mastered the long-form way of doing things. Taking the quick route without proper understanding or context is a false trail.
- University is genuinely like a universe. No matter how small your institution is, there’s so much stuff going on. You won’t want to do it all. And you’ll have to limit the stuff you would like to do. It calls for strategic planning, so you know what to say yes to and what to go without.
- Your journey doesn’t end with graduation. TUB-Thump (and TheUniversityBlog) tackles how to showcase your university experience when looking for employment. It also looks at making use of what you learned at university long after you’ve graduated.
- The show will focus mostly on full-time students, but will still cater for some specific issues for part-time students.
- TUB-Thump will cover matters including academic, social, personal, and many other aspects of student life.
- My aim for the show is to advise, inform, inspire, and to help you get as much out of your experience as possible. I’ll also occasionally have guests with even more great hints and tips.
- We’re all unique. Just because something hasn’t worked for me, doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. I’ll still feature stuff that works for many people, even when I’m not so keen on it. After all, the aim is to check out the tools that could help you out. Only once you get hands-on can you decide for yourself what speaks to you.
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!