Happy New Year to you!
Yes, it’s that time of year when people start setting New Year Resolutions. Losing weight, learning a language, developing a new skill…It’s all to play for. Just as it was last year! And it’s just as likely to fail for most of us.
I may be posting this on January 1 2010, so there may be a few aching heads out there. But it’s time to shake off that hangover and start thinking about the future!
Don’t let your goals fail. Here are 12 great posts around the Interweb on making your resolutions stick in 2010:
1. Penelope Trunk – How to keep a New Year’s resolution
Tips on how to make that change, whatever time of year. These from Penelope Trunk who, like me, isn’t a fan of New Year’s Resolutions.
2. Study Hacks – Resolve to Make 2010 a Year of Radical Simplicity
“Take back control of your life,” says Cal Newport. It’s time to cut out the burn out.
3. MakeUseOf – 5 Online Tools To Help You Keep Your New Year Resolutions
Since we do so much online now, there should be no harm in using the Net to hold down those resolutions.
4. Dan Pink – A Simple Idea for 2010
Dan suggests we give ourselves DIY performance reviews.
5. Zen Habits – The Definitive Guide to Sticking to Your New Year’s Resolutions
Not only does Leo Babauta produce a great guide here, he also introduces his new site dedicated to making changes in 2010, which is my next link.
Leo keeps it simple, just like with Zen Habits. He says, “Choose 6 habits for 2010. I’ll help you form them.” Why 6 habits? Because that makes it 2 months per habit. So it’s fine if you have fewer habits to form!
7. Dumb Little Man – How to Make 2010 the Year That Your Diet Succeeds
Ali Hale tackles a resolution that features on so many people’s resolution list: Weight Loss.
8. Brazen Careerist – 5 New Year’s Resolutions For Young PR Pros
Perhaps you don’t consider yourself a “Young PR Pro” yet. No matter, this’ll help you get started!
9. Management Craft – Ready for a Great New Year? Try SMART Resolutions
“SMART goals have a higher chance of getting implemented,” according to this piece. Are you happy to be SMART?
10. Positively Present – New Year, Same Me: 6 Stay-The-Same Resolutions
What about considering those things in life you *don’t* want to change? Resolve to stay the same this year!
11. Self Confidence – Forget New Year Resolutions
Develop a dream, introduce a life plan. Succeed through a much bigger picture than a simple New Year Resolution.
12. Scott Young – Why New Years Resolutions Suck
And oldie, but a goodie. Scott explains why there’s a problem in the process of setting resolutions.