LipDub is awesome.
If you don’t know what it is, LipDub is a music video that’s produced in one single shot. Loads of people take turns to each mime a line of the song to camera and there are no cuts in the action.
If that doesn’t make sense, check out the first University LipDub, produced in Germany.
Hopefully that’s whet your appetite. Below are 10 more great LipDub videos of university students strutting their stuff and going crazy for the camera.
Most of these vids are based in France and Canada. We need to see UK universities doing LipDub! If you already know of any out there, let us know in the comments!
Any other unis joining in the LipDub party? “What do you do after studying?”
On to the videos!
1. First off, this is the video you’re most likely to have seen before. A LipDub of the Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling” that went hugely viral, with several million views.
2. Suffolk University in Boston go for a couple of Queen hits.
3. Katy Perry’s “Hot ‘N’ Cold”. Involving changes of clothes that involve no clothes at all. Ooh er!
4. Bryan Adams with “Summer Of ’69”. Some great set pieces in this one. Animated ‘Remix’ sign near the start of this vid is a nice touch.
5. Mama Mia! It’s Abba!
6. Suckin’ too hard on your lollypop? Hey Mika, check out this LipDub!
7. More Mika for you. This time it’s the ‘Golden’ people of Polyvalente Saint-Jérôme.
8. One of the most recent LipDubs. Texas State University get their lips round Move Along by All-American Rejects.
9. While we’re treated to a bit of Scissor Sisters and “I Don’t Feel Like Dancing”, watch for the lift break where we enter a different world. Namely, Patrick Hernandez’s “Born To Be Alive”…
10. We kicked these videos off with a Black Eyed Peas track…so let’s get it ended with, erm, “Let’s Get It Started”.