Study tips go way beyond the studying itself.
Sometimes all it takes is sitting somewhere else. Or having a refreshing cup of tea.
And that’s what I look at in Episode 009 of TUB-Thump. 5 ways you can put your best foot forward (not just by having a walk!) and build the best mindset for your study.
Ready to get those good habits going? Happy listening.
Here are the show notes for the 12-min episode:
- 01:30 – Simple tips, so long as you commit to them and build these useful habits.
- 01:25 – Tip No.1: Have a quick walk. It’s the only exercise you need to get those cogs turning in your head.
- 02:10 – Tip No.2: Stop with the all-nighters. The most important of the tips, in my opinion… Yep, it’s my usual rant. 😉
- 03:20 – Tip No.3: Shift your location regularly. Find as many different areas as possible to alternate with. Even if you only visit the library to work, sit in different places within the library. Build your own ways of mixing up where you study.
- 04:30 – Tip No.4: Get the right sleep for you. Listen to your body rather than the voice in your brain that’s tempting you to stay up as long as possible!
- 06:45 – Tip No.5: Drink tea. Go crazy and make it loose leaf. Green teas, oolong teas, etc. The extra time spent making loose leaf (just a few seconds) is well worth it for taste if nothing else. It’s funny just how much you can change the flavour based on the amount of leaf you use, the time you brew it for, the temperature you brew it at, and so on.
- 09:10 – Bonus Tip! List things, plan things, schedule things. Obvious, yes. But also challenging.
Are You a Planner or a Structured Procrastinator?
TUB-Thump is part of the Learning Always Network.
Keep being awesome!